Wednesday 10 February 2010

BARCA!!!

After my trip to Morocco, I came home for approx. 12 hours, but was then on a flight to Barcelona! This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions! In the past month, I have visited 3 different countries. While sitting on the plane to Barca, I was thinking about the fact that few hours ago I had been in AFRICA!!! I am truly blessed. I have always pictured going abroad, but today i realized it is happening. This is as real as it gets.
Anyways on to the fun stuff :)

Stephanie, Julie and I stayed in a hostel for the 3 nights we were in Barcelona. Before arriving, i was a bit nervous, because I have always thought that hostels were sketchy. I was prepared to sleep with my purse under my pajamas & have my luggage next to me in my bed. I was wrong. The hostel was clean, and there were lockers for our stuff to go in. I tend to overreact sometimes.

We all realized we were super hungry once we got into the city,
& at this point were craving some familiar food. Right before we got to the hostel we passed a pizza place that smelled delicious! So we checked in , ate, and then came back for a nap. We ended up wandering around the city looking at things the first night. We did happen to find espresso, gelato & McDonald's. Normally I'm not down for Ronald McDonald's happy place, but the Golden Arches reminded me of home &
it was a perfect 4 euro meal :)))

The second day consisted of clothes shopping, a chocolate factory, and the Picasso Museum. Seriously, chocolate and art, and I'm in my happy place. Picasso was one crazy man, but he was incredibly intelligent. To save some money, i cooked dinner for us in the hostel. Spaghetti, bread, corn and milk. It was great, and cost less than 10 euro for 4 people. We made friends with 2 girls from Lebanon and ended up going out to a tiny spanish bar with them. It was very cute & the bartender gave us a free drink because he said we brought business to his bar! Yay :)

The third day was my favorite by far. We slept in late, got ready and left the hostel for La Segrada Familia. The SF is a chapel/museum/nativity scene/work in progress. Antoni' Gaudi', the artist of this whole thing, never got to finish his work, sue to the fact that he was hit & killed by a tram. It is too hard to describe in words how i felt about being here. I am putting up the link for the website so yall can go look at it. Let me just say i am going to be visiting Spain once it gets finished. It is absolutely incredible.

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/index.php

Add in some more Gaudi stuff, more gelato, a five euro skirt, people watching and i would say my trip to Barcelona was a success. x


1 comment:

  1. Hey Shayna, why isn't anyone commenting on your blog? I did have trouble signing on since I hadn't followed a blog since Katie went to India. Maybe thats why. I'm sure everyone got the email with the link. Maybe everyone is busy for valentines day. You are probably skyping with everyone you really need to talk to. Hope you have a LOVEly day.

    ReplyDelete